Task 23: Reflection on the 23 Things Program
After pushing hard to finish this program by the deadline, I don't know whether I'd undertake a similar program again. Unfortunately it has corresponded with a very busy period at work and I haven't been able to devote as much time or attention to it as it maybe deserved. Although nice to be given permission to check out these social networking sites on the company dime, I always felt that I wasn't doing them justice as the thought of all the 'real' work waiting for me pressed on my conscience.
None of the activities really held any great surprise for me as I already spend a great deal of time online for leisure. I will probably check out more podcasts and Delicious for interesting sites but, as previous posts have indicated, I won't be indulging in the nitty gritty oversharing aspects of social networking.
I think that the program would benefit from a more library-centric focus with many more examples of relevant sites and sources of information for library workers. It was also a bit out of date as quite a few of the task links were broken. MySpace is a dead duck too.
I guess that the biggest things I've learnt are that I don't do my best discovering when I'm pressed for time and that I wasn't as out of touch with the latest trends as I thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment