Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Task 14: Technorati

Another interesting one that I'm likely to trawl fairly regularly. A more useful format for me than Delicious also as I'm not really a fan of the tagging trend.

I headed straight for the Top 100 as an aggregate of all the broad subject options and noted that I'm already following about 20% of them. I'm not as far behind as I thought :)

I didn't get any posting hits for "Learning 2.0", it wasn't in the tag index for the last month and I only got one blog result. Either the term hasn't caught on/isn't being talked about much in blogs or I'm not doing it right.

I'm a bit dubious about claims for however many millions of blogs that Technorati is tracking. I found a 2007 article where, out of 70 million blogs being tracked, only 15.5 million were active and had been updated in the last 90 days. Although these are only blogs for which their authors have put in claims to be tracked, so there's probably many more out there.

Along with not thinking that not many people would be interested in following my little blog, I'd worry about the cost of a sudden explosion of followers anyway. Without resorting to placing ads for revenue, I've read it can be expensive to run a popular site.

No comments:

Post a Comment