Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hello world

Well, this is all a bit scary for a lifelong lurker.

Part of the reason I wanted to do 23 things course was to have a nice easy introduction to the world of social communication, which I'm finally accepting as being more than just a trend.

Also, as a Library Tech, and now a Librarian-in-training, I'm eager to keep up with the big wide world of possibilities, not only for myself but so that I can help my patrons navigate also.

I must admit to not being too taken with the Lifelong learning video and learning contract. I'm more of a 'just do it' type of person and it seems sometimes that the time you take writing things down are better spent actually doing the task. I guess usually I skip all 7 steps and just go to the Play section. In contrast, I have been known to drool over a good instruction manual.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Anyway, I think that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment